#100 percent renewables
One of the Most Ambitious Climate Action Plans in the World Is Taking Place In New York State

One of the Most Ambitious Climate Action Plans in the World Is Taking Place In New York State

by Alex Patel and Miro Korenha The Climate Leadership and Community Protection Act, a landmark climate change bill in New York state is awaiting signature by Governor Andrew Cuomo.  The act would slash New York’s carbon emissions 85% below 1990 levels by 2050 and use alternative measures to remove the remaining 15% of atmospheric carbon […]

Continue Reading 509 words
Even Progressives View the Path to 100% Renewables With Pragmatism

Even Progressives View the Path to 100% Renewables With Pragmatism

One of the biggest points of contention among likely Democratic voters when it comes to climate change has been the timeline in which the United States should transition to 100% emissions-free energy. But whether that date is 2030 (as Gov. Jay Inslee has proposed) or 2050 (such as what Beto O’Rourke outlined) another critical factor […]

Continue Reading 558 words
One cool thing: Apple’s deepening commitment to 100% renewables

One cool thing: Apple’s deepening commitment to 100% renewables

While Apple has managed to power 100% of its operations from renewable energy (in fact, it’s already 1 gigawatt beyond the target of 4 gigawatts it established for 2020), the company announced that it will help its supply chain reach the same goal. Since about 3/4 of Apple’s carbon footprint comes from manufacturing, almost all […]

Continue Reading 147 words

Want the planet in your inbox?

Stay in the know, empower yourself to be a #FriendOfThePlanet, sign up to receive ODP in your inbox each morning!

Don’t mess with Texas solar

Don’t mess with Texas solar

A recent analysis by PV Magazine has revealed that the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (which operates most of the state’s electric grid) has had applications for an additional 165 GWac of solar energy to be built in Texas. While Texas has been the epicenter of the fossil fuel industry it also has the potential to move […]

Continue Reading 360 words
Rep. Ted Lieu’s march to 100% renewables

Rep. Ted Lieu’s march to 100% renewables

This week, California Congressman Ted Lieu introduced the first major climate bill of the 116th Congress. In a statement, Lieu said that: “There is no threat greater to our nation’s security than climate change. Failing to protect our planet will endanger the lives of millions, hurt our economy and jeopardize our children’s future. The wildfires […]

Continue Reading 330 words